Our new appointment system is going well with almost all “Phone Consultation” appointments being completed on the day of request. If a face to face appointment is deemed necessary this is often also offered on the same day, or any future day that is convenient. I know some people question the need for the initial phone consultation but we find it really does help us manage the workload efficiently, and often people are relieved to find they do not need to travel to the surgery as we can either resolve their issue remotely, or refer them on to a more appropriate service.
On Lismore we have adjusted the Thursday GP clinic, with the doctor now travelling over on the 9am ferry rather than 10am. This allows forthe same time for appointments in the hall but also factors in home visits if needed. The Practice Nurse continues to provide a Monday clinic in the hall when needed to perform blood tests and other investigations
We continue to offer Pneumococcal Vaccine to anyone over 65, or with long term health problems, and Shingles Vaccine to those in their 70s.These are both “once off” vaccines so if you have ever had one you do not need another. If you wish either of these please let us know.
· Spring booster vaccinations are now being arranged. There was an error at Health Board level with appointments being sent out for the Corran Halls in Oban. This has now been corrected with all eligible patients being offered appointments in Appin Hall. There will be a clinic on Lismore for those who prefer not to travel to Appin but the date for this has not yet been confirmed.
· Anyone who is housebound will have the vaccine administered at home by members of the Vaccination Team.
· We are now no longer able to supply LFT test kits.
· Anyone needing medical advice on covid symptoms should now phone the GP Practice during opening hours, rather than NHS24.
Public Holidays when the surgery will be closed are confirmed as
· Easter - Friday 15th April 2022, Monday 18th April 2022
· Monday 2nd May 2022, Friday 3rd June 2022, Monday 26th September 2022
· Christmas - Monday 26th December, Tuesday 27th December 2022
· New Year - Monday 2nd January, Tuesday 3rd January 2023
Surgery opening hours.
The surgery is open from 0800 to1800 each day apart for some occasions at the end of the day when the doctor may be out on a call. The phone however will be answered during these hours.
To improve staff training the Surgery may be closed between 1pm and 1.30pm daily for any meeting/training requirements - please avoid coming to the surgery for prescriptions at this time. The phone will be answered but we would appreciate as few calls as possible .