Energy Efficient Scotland: Area Based Scheme is available to eligible households in your area. The scheme is funded by the Scottish Government and is facilitated by Argyll and Bute Council. The scheme offers insulation measures to make homes warmer, reduce energy bills and reduce carbon emissions. Measures are installed by BCA Insulation, who are the appointed scheme contractor, appointed as a result of a competitive tendering process.
The following measures are available:-
- Internal Wall Insulation
- External Wall Insulation
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- Loft Insulation
- Underfloor Insulation
The scheme offers grants of the following:-
- Flat Up to £7,000
- Terraced (including end Terrace) Up to £7,500
- Detached/Semi-Detached Up to £8,000
- Island and Very Remote Rural Up to £10,000
However, a higher grant award of up to £12,000 can be considered in certain circumstances.
Households who meet the following criteria are eligible:-
- Owner occupiers or private tenants/landlords who occupy their homes on a full time basis (second homes/empty home are ineligible)
- In Council Tax Band A, B or C
- In Council Tax Band D with an EPC energy efficiency rating of E, F or G
In order to register for the scheme, householders should contact Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282.