APPIN & COVID-19
The COVID19 virus may threaten many in our community. We expect some of our residents to require help as they live in self-isolation for an extended period. Some of our younger families may also require support if there is infection from the virus in their households.
Appin Aid is being set up to provide essential voluntary support to residents who will face serious need during this forthcoming period of uncertainty. The first step is to make sure we are aware of those who may need help.
Already there has been a great response from volunteers offering their time.
HELP FROM APPIN AID
The types of help we hope to be able to provide include:
- Essential shopping – help with on-line ordering, collections and delivery
- Prescriptions – collection and delivery
- Regular phone call to check you are OK
As we become more organised there will be other areas of support.
REGISTER WITH APPIN AID
Register with us if you have an Appin Post Code (starting with PA38 4) and you or your household need to self-isolate because:
- all members of your household are aged over 70;
- any household member has a recognised long-term health condition;
- any household member has a weakened immune system;
- a member of your household has coronavirus symptoms.
- Either telephone Clare Hunt on 730416
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More on the Appin Aid page here.