A vacancy has arisen for a full-time permanent Kitchen Manager to join our small team. In addition to the responsibilities detailed below you will be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about food. We have an excellent reputation for home-cooking and baking, and your input will be essential in protecting and hopefully enhancing the business we have built up over the past 15 years. It is extremely important that you can work as part of a small team, and have second to none communication skills.
We use reputable suppliers and choose high-quality ingredients in everything we offer and it is imperative we find somebody who has the same standards and a good understanding of our business and customers. You will also have an understanding of managing costs without sacrificing quality.
You will be experienced in a similar role with some management experience.
The general day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Carrying out all aspects of food preparation in an organised and timely manner.
- Serving breakfast, brunch and lunch to a high standard
- Making home-made burgers, soups, savoury scones, fishcakes and other items on our high-quality café-style menu.
- Operating kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Maintaining an exceptionally clean working station and kitchen, and strictly adhering to all Hygiene, Health & Safety regulations
- Following recipes and presentation requirements
- Practicing excellent stock control & rotation in order to minimise wastage and maximise profitability
- Ordering from suppliers
- Assisting in all aspects of cleaning, including managing a daily & weekly cleaning rota.
- Delegating and providing instruction to less experienced staff